Thursday, October 8, 2009

My Creative Space or How Inspiration can prevent you from blogging

The last few months has been full of bursting at the seams inspiration: travel, music, family life, gardening, food, thrift finds, and creating little bits of beauty in and around the home. Many memories have been created and although I have taken the photographs to document them, I have yet to share through this blog. I have barely even kept up with my favourite blogs that inspired me to start to write about all that feeds me creatively. While I can know that my trip to England interrupted my habit of posting, I never would have expected to be away from it for so long. I suppose it is like a fitness routine where the more workouts you miss, the harder it is to get back into the routine. It is very easy for other aspects of life to fill up the time that it takes to create a post and while I enjoyed the break I missed the sharing.
I cannot possibly catch up all in one post so I thought that I would just share something small. The picture above is from our second day in England when we where punting on the River Cam. This is just one of the beautiful sites along the river with plants growing right out of the walls. We were in Cambridge for two weeks in July and saw many people dressed for weddings at the various Chapels and Churches in the city. Many of the guests were wearing fascinators. Two weeks ago, I made my own version to wear to the wedding of good friends. I had altered her dress to fit her including hemming it which meant that I had a few feet of tulle about six inches wide. Using a thrifted headband (the colour of the dress I planned on wearing) and a lone vintage Sherman earring and other scraps in my stash, I fashioned this little trifle. I think that I was the only one wearing any headgear or a hat but I enjoyed wearing it anyway.

Enjoy what everyone else is doing in there creative spaces at Kristy's blog.

4 comments:

Kirsty said...

Sounds as though you've had a lovely (& busy) couple of months.

Kylie said...

Wow! What a time! Your fascinator looks fabulous :) K

Peta @ Pippiwillow said...

Sometimes a break is what we need to feel enthused again, and less blogging means more time for creating. You did create a lovely fascinator too. Peta

http://woollywotnots.wordpress.com said...

Oh you're back! I have missed you and have kept checking in at your blog! I'm pleased to hear your trip to England was so lovely. Did you make it to a CK shop? : )