Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Blogtoberfest Day 11: Gratuitous Pyrex


Today, I present pictures of most of my vintage Pyrex collection. I will let the photos do most of the talking. At the top is a Butterprint refrigerator set sitting on top of a yellow 503 which is beside some other little fridgies and the cream pitcher of my Laura Ashley Hazelbury set. The next shelf down is mostly Flamingo Pink: 2 cake pans (one in much better condition than the other), 1 round casserole and 1 square baker along with a lime pie plate and a Butterprint Casserole. On this shelf is a lidded clear glass Fire King loaf pan, some vintage kitchen gadgets and an espresso maker. The lower shelf shows my thrifted Descoware and a set of Butterprint Cinderella Bowls.



More pink Pyrex in two Pink Daisy oval casseroles (one is divided) and a space saver. I also have a Poinsettia Promo and a 2 qt. Golden Acorn Space Saver along with two aluminum lids for the freezer which would likely have been originally sold with the Pink Daisy or Turquoise Snowflakes. I also have a Pink Daisy 043 casserole that was in use when this photo was taken.



This cupboard is mostly turquoise Snowflake but includes the JAJ Fiesta casserole and lime green 2 qt. round casserole. On the top shelf there is a casserole in a stand nested in a Glasbake lasagna pan. I collect mostly Pyrex and in the colours and patterns shown in these pictures but a few other things, like the lasagna pan, have found there way into the collection because of the colour. Under the Tupperware jelly mold is a turquoise mixer bowl made by Glasbake for Sunbeam nested in a white with turquoise flower bowl that is Marked 'Maid of Honor'. I have read (but do not remember the source) that Pyrex manufactured some of the 'Maid of Honor' exclusively for Sears and that this line was marketed to brides. The square clear Pyrex baking dish I bought long before I discovered beautiful and colourful Pyrex. The 'gratuitous' in the post title really just refers to the fact that I could look at Pyrex or pictures of Pyrex all day, for no particular reason other than I love it!

5 comments:

The Glamorous Housewife said...

I have the same pyrex as your top 3 refrige set. I use them as display, but maybe I should start using them for real! I also have a matching butter dish, but i use that everyday. You have quite a collection you lucky girl!

Thanks doll,
The Glamorous Housewife

Jenifir said...

I tried to link to Vintage Velda's blog about collections: http://vintagevelda.wordpress.com/2011/10/12/what-do-you-collect/

Anonymous said...

That is a fantastic Pyrex collection! I love the pink and the snowflake pattern. I know what you mean--I could look at Pyrex all day as well!
I'm so glad you shared this with us, and your blog is great, too, by the way.
Thanks again,
Molly @ Vintage Velda

Anonymous said...

You have such a beautiful collection! I absolutely love the amish butterprint fridgies at the top. I've been keeping my eye out for those for a while now. I hope one day my collection resembles yours, it's fabulous!

Jill said...

Who wouldn't love all that great Pyrex.... Very nice....