Saturday, October 8, 2011

Blogtoberfest Day 8: More Fashion and Vintage



As our Indian Summer continues, I have a chance to wear yet another warm weather outfit. This one is particularly special to me as my Mum made and wore it in the 1970's and I liked it then. She made it using a Diane Von Furstenburg cotton knit print. A ready to wear dress using this fabric would likely have been one of her famous wrap dresses but my Mum did not like that style on her. On my head is a Vera scarf that I have owned since the mid-1980's. The Fossil bag was thrifted as were the brown wedge sandals. With the Autumn light and red dress, the tan handbag looks rather reddish but the tan colour is similar to the wedge sandals that my Mum wore with this dress.

I love finding vintage notions that inspire new vintage outfits. Two of my favourite bloggers that come up with beautiful vintage inspired home-sewn wardrobes are Bethany at Bitter Betty Blogs and Casey at Elegant Musings. I am sure if they had found this belt buckle and dress clip (only one I am afraid) they would be showing the finished project with a tutorial which is the direction that I aspire to with this blog. My baby steps have been to post every day and finish up some lingering projects.


A project that I might finish quickly is to improve the look of this hat. The feather on this one appears rather ragged. I am fairly sure that the feather is original to the hat so I plan to add to it rather than remove it. Yesterday, I tried to link to My Romantic Home's Show and Tell Friday and had technical difficulties so I am presenting the link today. Tomorrow is Thanksgiving her in Canada so I hope I can still post after all the planned turkey. With the weather we are having, the plan is to cook the bird on the barbecue!

No comments: