Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Blogtoberfest Day 5: Butterflies!


This Fall is full of transitions: My middle son has started highschool, my daughter has started university and my oldest has finished his programme that he has been in since he was six years old. As he is about to turn 21 this month, the public school special needs programme he was in ended at the end of June. Our community does have programmes for adults with special needs but there are not enough and there are very long waiting lists both for spaces in specific places and funding in general. While we are investigating the most suitable options for him, he is home with me. A few days a week we go on outings and to other activities in the community. Every year Carleton University has a Live Butterfly Show in their greenhouses.


This pictures show a butterfly that landed on my son's arm. On landed on my shoulder. There were more people in the greenhouse than he is usually comfortable with but he was very happy. He seemed to enjoy seeing the butterflies flying freely around. I think that we will make a repeat visit with the rest of the family this weekend.




We have been having a last blast of summer weather which has inspired me to continue with my nautical inspiration for my outfit. I wore the same shoes and belt with a thrifted striped T-shirt and H&M linen navy pants (also thrifted -Ottawa does not have an H&M) and a jacket from Coscto with a vintage brooch. I bought it before most of my clothing shopping was second hand but with its neutral colour and cotton lyrca fabric it has stayed a favourite in my wardrobe.

1 comment:

Allyson said...

Hi Jenifir, Had to comment on the cute nautical outfit, I have a soft spot for that style, happy thrifting! -Allyson